I started a list of goals at the beginning of this year of things I would like to do or accomplish. We're about half-way through 2010 and I wanted to update my list to see how I'm doing. Some goals are not ones that I simply achieve and then move on, so I'm not marking those off completely.
- Don't use my phone while driving (except to answer a call or navigate) - I've been trying hard to do this, but keep finding excuses to use my phone while I drive. Still working on this one :(
Add a blog to my sad little website- The fact that you are reading this proves I added a blog component to my site. It could use some work, but it is here.
- Publish 1 technical blog post each month - Yeah this didn't happen.
- Post at least once a week - Neither did this, it seems I mixed them up and post only once a month, and not always on something technical. Blogging on a regular basis is hard.
- Only use Twitter on my phone while at work - This lasted about a month, I've been pretty good about reading on my phone and occasionally posting on my computer.
- Only check Google Reader at home, or on my phone at breaks. - This lasted about a week, I mostly do it on breaks, so I have scaled back considerably.
- Get our house ready for a baby (
paint, furniture, etc) - We've painted and are in the process of getting the furniture ready to go.
- Help Alisha get her photography business going
- New computer/laptop - We've setup my desktop and she's been using that
- Photoshop - Not yet - Alisha loves http://picnik.com, it works for most everything she needs.
- Camera stuff (umbrella flash, hot shoe flash) - We got another drop-cloth and browsed lighting options
Develop my own Android app, and publish to the market- Boom! (May) and recently updated (June)
- Organize the garage (get shelves and such for walls) - Not yet
- Organize the Master Closet - Not yet
- Organize the front room/office - Not yet
- Go through the boxes in the guest closet, toss/store farther away from sight. - Not yet
- Buy/make bed frame for master bed. - Not yet